My research interests include:
- Consumer behavior, consumer psychology, and marketing
- Language, sociolinguistics, and social media listening
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing
- Digital marketing and social media
- Social influence, social conformity, and norms
- Measurement and psychometrics
- Marketing education and the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
My publications include:
- Andrea Webb Luangrath, Joann Peck, and Victor A. Barger (2017), “Textual paralanguage and its implications for brand communications,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 27(1), 98-107.
- Victor A. Barger, James W. Peltier, and Don E. Schultz (2016), “Social media and consumer engagement: A review and research agenda,” Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 10(4), 268-287
- Victor A. Barger and Lauren I. Labrecque (2013), “An integrated marketing communications perspective on social media metrics,” International Journal of Integrated Marketing Communications, Spring 2013, 64-76.
- Joann Peck, Victor A. Barger, and Andrea Webb (2013), “In search of a surrogate for touch: The effect of haptic imagery on perceived ownership,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 23(2), 189-196.